Established in December 2019, OneBanks is the trading name of Unified Financial Limited.
It is a young company, currently operating remotely. It has a small management team supported by some able advisors and consultants.
It is currently working with many technology suppliers and is being supported by Accenture and KPMG and recently graduated from the 2020 PwC Scale up programme.
OneBanks’ vision is to deliver a platform facilitating everyday banking services and preserving human interaction for the customers of all banks.
Bank Branch closures have left a significant void for many communities in the UK, leaving vulnerable people, SMES, those in rural areas and cash dependent people feeling disadvantaged and abandoned.
To address this, OneBanks has designed and built an ecosystem that provides face-to-face everyday banking services through its kiosks sited in convenient locations (e.g. supermarkets).
Starting in Scotland, OneBanks has an ambitious UK wide Kiosk roll-out. At appropriate junctures, it will consider entering European markets and licensing its technology to 3rd parties.
In addition, OneBanks is working on exciting propositions that will further leverage Open Banking technologies.
Clearly, ‘Product Design’ is at the heart of the business.
OneBanks has a clear vision for what it is trying to achieve and is about to commence a pilot programme at its first Kiosk in Denny, Scotland which will run from February for about 6 months. As part of that it plans to roll out 3 or 4 additional kiosks in 2021.
As such, it is now appropriate to recruit a full time Junior User Experience Designer. Reporting directly to the CPO, and assisting with the design and roll out of new features. This is a valued and key role for OneBanks and at this stage in the business is a critical appointment.
Candidates must have an empathy with a young company culture and a hands-on team oriented approach. The role will be remotely based.
As a Junior User Experience Designer, you will be responsible for helping design and push the boundaries of what is possible in the banking field, developing prototypes and user flows that cross digital and in-person experiences. In principle, this will include:
Assisting the CPO, in designing and communicating the new features OneBanks will be implementing. You’ll make sure we continue to innovate by the understanding the real outcomes our clients and customers want from their banking.
This is a role for a junior UX specialist who enjoys solving complex design challenges, is an advocate for simplicity in design and validating ideas with data and customer research. We’re looking for someone who above all must be keen to learn and has an enthusiasm for understanding new disciplines. You must be versatile working from scratch on all aspects of product design, asking for help when you need it, but able to be proactive in finding solutions yourself when required. You will from helping analyse the business requirements and help simplify these requirements into user workflows that can be communicated to both internal staff and technical teams. You must be someone who wants to be a proactive member of the design team, helping to build a strong design culture within the company.
- Help analyse new business requirement requirements.
- Help shape the product strategy, assisting the CPO in developing new features and user flows
- Provide continuous research and learning into the industry products
- Help design simple, elegant, user-centric experiences
- Help design prototypes, that communicate the user flows to the OneBanks team
The ideal candidate would be an experienced user architect who may be seeking a new challenge with a small and exciting young company and experience of designing complex commercial products
- Experience in building an app using Sketch or Figma design tools
- HTML/CSS skills would be an asset
- Experience using Animation tools for video or similar prototypes will be beneficial
- Ability to clearly articulate design decisions
- Understand the technical implications of their design decisions, and be able to work with others on implementation
- A self-starter, who takes ownership of the design process
- Strong user focus and ability to understand of human behaviour
You will be/have:
- Self-motivated and able to work in an entrepreneurial environment in a fast paced industry
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written & oral) and listening skills
- Proven analytical skills and logical, methodical approach to problem-solving
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability and motivation to learn new skills as they arise
- Ability to quickly build relationships and establish credibility
- Positive outlook and attitude with sense of humour
- Fluency in English
- A highly competitive base salary
- Participation in the company’s share options scheme
- Additional financial benefits such as a workplace pension and other benefits in kind may be available, subject to negotiation
To apply, please email your CV and Cover letter to Christine Trybus at email@example.com.
or apply via Indeed here: