We’re looking for a talented and highly motivated Node.js developer to take on a Lead Software Engineering role within the backend engineering team.
You will work closely with the Head of Engineering and the backend team to ensure continuous delivery of high quality, maintainable software solutions.
As a key member of the team, you will also be responsible for helping to establish a culture of learning and professional development within the team, picking technologies and skills that provide excellent value to the OneBanks solutions.
You will get to use the latest technologies to solve exciting and challenging problems in the dynamic world of fintech and open-banking.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is highly experienced writing REST APIs in Node.JS.
- Is familiar with TypeScript / NestJS framework.
- Is comfortable with relational databases, working with ORMs and is able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Is excellent at communication, both written and verbal.
- Is experienced in team leadership and software delivery.
- Has strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Can work independently and with other teams to ensure delivery targets are met.
- Is familiar with front-end technologies, such as HTML, CSS and JS frameworks.
- Engineer efficient and secure solutions by writing reusable, testable, and maintainable code.
- Deliver continuous improvement to the code base with a critical focus on security and
- Take a leading role in delivery of new features for our API’s and backend services.
- Help and mentor others and maintain a supportive and nurturing culture by sharing your
experience and providing opportunities for others to learn new skills.
- Participate in Code reviews, Merge requests, writing and maintaining GitLab issues
- Lead planning and solution design sessions.
- Maintain the CI/CD pipeline
We are an innovative new fintech business bringing in-person banking back to the high street by using cutting edge technology to become the leading shared banking network in the UK.
We believe it’s better to get help in person, with a person, so we understand what you really need. No matter which bank you’re with, you can use OneBanks Hub to deposit and withdraw cash, make payments and get help with setting up or using online banking.
Our mission is ”to create a sense of community by having opportunities for everyday human interaction. In person. By people. For all your everyday banking needs”
We currently have three OneBanks hubs in Scotland with plans to open more across the UK. With a number of exciting partnerships in the pipeline, the future is bright and it’s a great time to come and join us!
About the Engineering team
We’re fully remote working, with occasional trips to kiosks or internal group meeting locations.
We live on Slack, Notion.so and Google Meet. We do everything online.
We use the latest tools and work approaches, and encourage innovation at every level.
Technology fuels our fire, but we're customer advocates and recognise the responsibility of delivering to those most financially vulnerable in our society. None of our tech stack is fixed though and we always welcome new ideas and regularly experiment with new technologies.
See our technologies here: https://stackshare.io/companies/onebanks